It is an Ecuadorian beauty tradition to use rose water on the skin as a toner. And it’s literally just roses and water! Instead of spending money on a pre-made version (or that Evian water spray that’s literally just water…), you can easily whip up this great-smelling, antioxidant, gentle toner yourself. Also this way, you can make sure it’s as pure as possible, and made with love.
- Rose Petals (Ideally organic)
- Distilled Water
- Yep, that’s it!
- Rinse your petalsAdd the petals to a pot
- Put water in the pot
- Place an empty bowl IN the pot (yep, amongst the roses) and place a lid upside down on top of everything
- Place ice on top of the lid. Sounds crazy, right?
- Now turn on the stove and boil the water!
The steam from the boiling rose water will rise up to the lid, become cold from the ice, and condense back to a liquid, falling inside the bowl. Once you’re done, the bowl should be full of rose water.
What you can use it for:
- Spray/Rub on your face as a toner
- Add it to your bath
- Use it as a natural perfume
- Spritz it on as a midday refresher
There are many different methods to make rose water but this is our favorite because this is a super pure way to get a gentle rose toner made from the steam. Let us know how you use your rosewater!
Written by Halle Butler