These days, with all the lip balms out there rumored to make your lips even drier, we just want a product we can trust. The great thing about DIY beauty products is that you get to control what you put on your body. This lip balm is super natural, super healthy, and actually an Amazonian tradition passed down through ages.
Amazonian tribes use achiote as face paint, hair and lip coloring for a symbol of unity. We’re gonna use it as a lip balm and channel their energy.
Here’s how to make your own all-natural Achiote lip balm.
- Coconut Oil
- Achiote (preferably organic)
- Cut your beeswax and mix it with coconut oil.
- Place it in a glass measuring cup inside a pot of boiling water so they can melt while you stir them together
- Add as much achiote as you want, depending on how red you like your lips.
- Once it’s all mixed together, pour it into a container, let it sit, and there you go!
Written by Halle Butler